Every small business has an online marketing weakness. Why? Because most small business owners are focussed on the day to day running of their business and simply don’t have time to all of the things they need to be doing to market their business online.
Here are some of the weaknesses that you can easily look for in your small business that are key to your online marketing strategy. How many online marketing weaknesses does your small business have?:
Small Business Website Weaknesses
- You don’t have a small business website – this is something you should get as soon as possible, even a brochure website so that potential customers can reach you when they jump on Google.
- Outdated website: You have a website that was built a few years ago and no one has looked at it. It contains outdated information and there are even results in Google that go to content that isn’t on the website anymore.
- Website not being found on Google
- No calls to action to make it easy for customers to enquire about your products or services
- No statistics on how many visitors you are getting, what the bounce rate is or what content is the most effective
- No online sales ability e.g Order forms that customers have to download and print, then fill out and fax (who wants to do all of this when your competitors probably have an online ordering system or shopping cart that makes this process easy)
- No ability to collect online payment via credit card or Paypal to allow customers to transact when they are ready to purchase
Google Search Weakness
- Your business cannot be found on Google
- You are not measuring how your website is placed on Google or how many visitors you are getting from Google searches
- You don’t know who your competitors are on Google
- You have never tried searching for your services or products on Google to see what comes up
Social Media Weakness
- Not engaging with customers via social media such as Twitter and Facebook
- Not providing fresh updates or content via social media
Email Marketing Weakness
- You don’t have an email database. If you don’t have an email database of your customers then start building one now.
- Not collecting and growing an email database of your customers for regular updates and offers to help generate initial sales and even repeat sales
- No regular email marketing campaigns
- Not using your email database effectively on a regular basis to offer your customers meaningful content or offers that appeal to them
- Not knowing how many emails are read or if they clicked on links in the email
Digital Marketing is a powerful tool to grow your business not a time waster
The main weakness most small business owners have is that they tend to think that digital marketing is just another thing that takes up their time when they should be focussing on using it to grow their business and increase sales. Take 15 minutes today and think about what your online marketing weaknesses are and what you can do to make changes to improve them.
Done correctly, the investment in online marketing can really pay off for your small business.